Visual Art Education M.A. Admissions
December 1 – Spring admission
May 1 – Fall admission
Admission requirements for regular status:
- Entrance into the M.A. degree program requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Applicants must have an overall undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
- One official transcript from each college and post-secondary institution you have attended (whether you earned a degree or not). Official (sealed) transcripts from your institution(s) should be sent directly to KU:
213 Strong Hall
1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045-7535
- A completed application form and non-refundable application fee submitted online to Graduate Studies. The application fee - $65 for domestic applicants, and $85 for international applicants – is paid via secure server.
- A minimum of 3 letters of recommendation from former or current instructors and/or those able to recommend the applicant on the basis of professional experience (e.g., principals, supervisors, or former employers). The letters of recommendation must address the applicant’s potential to take initiative as a graduate student and ability to be a self-starter. Recommendations should be submitted via the recommendation section of the online application.
- A completed Graduate Student Information Questionnaire
International students also need to submit:
- Proof of English proficiency:
- Official test scores (not student’s copy) from an English proficiency standardized test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS-Academic, or PTE), sent by the testing agency to the University of Kansas. Official test scores must be less than two years old. See the English Proficiency Chart on the Graduate Studies Admissions website for more information regarding minimum English proficiency scores.
- Graduation with a baccalaureate degree (or higher) earned in residence from an accredited English-medium U.S. college or university or a college or university in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, English-speaking province of Canada, or an English-speaking Caribbean country, with instruction conducted in English. Degrees earned online may not be used to verify English proficiency.
- Proof of financial support (See the Financial Resources section of the application. Applications will not be processed without financial documentation).
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact: