We plan on keeping you busy while you're here, but we have no doubt you'll leave KU Visual Art Day knowing exactly why so many students choose to study Visual Art at KU.
Visual Art Day Schedule*:
8:30 - 9 a.m. - Registration
9 - 9:30 a.m. - Get to Know KU Visual Art: Presentation & Student Panel
9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. - Tour Chalmers Hall
10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Workshop for Students | Presentation & Chat for Parents | Teacher Chat: Problem-Solving & Best Practices
12:30 p.m. - Make the most of your visit to KU. A few ideas:
- Portfolio chats with Visual Art faculty: Bring your portfolio in for a quick review. Not sure what to put in a portfolio? Ask us! Want to talk about studying visual art one-on-one? Now is your chance!
- Interested in touring more of the School of the Arts? Let us know, and you can tour the fantastic facilities of Film & Media Studies and/or Theatre & Dance.
- Feel free to sign up for a campus tour, visit the Spencer Museum of Art or the Natural History Museum, or check out Downtown Lawrence on your own!
*Order of schedule may change.
What You Need to Know:
- Students: Be sure to wear work clothes! You'll be doing real work in the workshops, so wear something you can get creative in.
- We'll be walking and standing throughout the day. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- If you need special assistance getting around the building or campus, please let us know on the registration form.